Put the power of self-massage into your own hands in this training that empowers you to personally adopt and also teach simple and effective self-care regimens. The Roll Model® Therapy Balls can be used as an adjunct offering within personal training sessions, stretch, Pilates, dance classes, wellness coaching, yoga, massage therapy, or with kids and special needs populations.
This training equips you to:
- Maintain your body and prevent injuries using self-care strategies with the Roll Model® Therapy Balls
- Identify bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and fascia geography to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
- Deepen your understanding of pain physiology and how to use the Roll Model® Therapy Balls to erase pain.
- Lead classes through step-by step, proven, whole-body exercises, approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors, that can affect positive changes in the rotator cuff, spine, neck, jaw, hips, IT band, calves, and feet
- Use this training to learn strategies for your own health and maintenance, or incorporate Roll Model® Therapy Balls sequences into your teaching toolkit by introducing embodied anatomy concepts to your students.
*This module is open to all levels of student/educator/clinician.
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel - www.yogatuneup.com/trailguide
The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
Fascia by Mark Lindsay - http://goo.gl/6Wchaz
Fascia, The Tensional Network of the Body - http://goo.gl/cJt10g
The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual by Joe Muscolino http://goo.gl/nEXfmW