The Roll Model® Method
Put the power of self-myofascial release into your own hands. This training empowers you to personally adopt and teach simple yet highly effective self-care regimens for pain-relief and improved performance. The 4 different sized Roll Model® Therapy Balls included in this module can be used as an adjunct offering within personal training sessions, stretch, Pilates, dance classes, wellness coaching, yoga, massage therapy, or with kids and special needs populations. These proven, whole-body exercises are approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors.
Science Of Rolling
· Maintain your body and prevent injuries using self-care strategies with the YTU Therapy Balls
· Identify bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and fascia geography to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
· Deepen your understanding of pain, connective tissue and myofascial physiology and how to use the The Roll Model® Method to erase pain, enhance performance, and improve posture for optimal body function.
· Lead classes through step-by step, proven, whole-body exercises, approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors, that can affect positive changes in the rotator cuff, spine, neck, jaw, hips, IT band, calves, and feet
Sequencing and Innovation
· Explore pain-erasing self-myofascial release in over-used areas of your body like your hands and knees, or completely ignored areas like the diaphragm and pelvic floor.
· Improve classroom demonstration of Therapy Ball techniques and trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students.
· Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain
· Refine your anatomical fluency of bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and the fascial seam-system through experiential mapping strategies.
· Learn tools for consistently creating innovative Therapy Ball sequences for yourself and your clients
· Learn the optimal use of 4 different sized Roll Model® Balls that unravel patterns of pain and dysfunction.
Yoga Tune Up® Integrated Embodied Anatomy
Learn anatomy from the inside-out. This 18 hour comprehensive anatomy module expertly guides you into your living tissues in a concrete and inspiring way. It provides you with a directly personal experience of the interplay of the many complex systems of the body and helps you to make them relevant and tangible for your students. Learn how the multiple layers of the body relate and function as a whole while simultaneously exploring specific anatomical structures, physiological processes and typical movement patterns and pathologies.
The unique YTU approach not only helps you to embody anatomy, but our educational methodology drastically improves any students' retention of the clinical language of anatomy in a completely accessible and fun way. Dynamic movement, combined with video, 3-D models, palpation, and self-massage tools and techniques, will invite you to traverse the muscles, joints, bones and fascia and their interrelatedness to breath, circulation, immunity, injury and newfound functional movement patterns. The curriculum is suitable for yogis of all levels, but also ideal for any movement professional who desires to sharpen their ability to perceive within themselves as well as correctly locate in others, the vital structural landmarks and meaningful continuities of the body within any yoga or fitness practice. Make anatomy relevant to you, and your students will follow!
Stay Tuned for Upcoming Dates
Yoga Tune Up® Level 1 Teacher Training
The Yoga Tune Up® Level 1 70 hour Certification Program strikes a balance between the worlds of yoga and fitness, attracting trainees of all ages, body types, and movement modalities. It breaks down the nuts and bolts of human movement by using a yogic lens of awareness, conscious relaxation and proper breathing techniques. The Level 1 environment fosters trainees into a newly intimate understanding of their own architecture, diving deeply into integrated anatomy and body mechanics. You will go beyond formulaic instruction and truly learn how to think and teach creatively within your specific teaching environment, with both group classes and private clients. Trainees are presented with "template" Yoga Tune Up® classes that can be used to help jumpstart workshops and classes. Successful completion and certification of the Level 1 training is mandatory prior to teaching any Yoga Tune Up® classes or workshops.
Passing of the Level 1 course is required to be a licensed YTU teacher.
- This 70 hour training:Become proficient and comfortable with the fundamentals of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics and how to apply them in a private or group class setting
- Learn a step-by-step process to create memorable, accessible classes and learn to “think out of the boxana”
- Refresh your love of teaching and learn new classroom leadership skills
- Be prepared to teach your own Yoga Tune Up® classes, privates, and more
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel - www.yogatuneup.com/TrailGuide
The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller - atAmazon.com, barnesandnoble.com or www.yogatuneup.com/RollModel
The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long - http://goo.gl/4Vh0IK
A Handbook on the Physiology of Yogasana, by Mel Robin - http://goo.gl/QYoE3M
3 DVD Set of Jill Miller’s Hip Helpers, Shoulder Shape Up & Core Integration - http://goo.gl/N8GW6O